Custom rom for Huawei U9508 / G615, based on chinese B709 with Android 4.2.2 and N5 look.
This rom must be installed with a custom recovery and does NOT require an unlocked bootloader.
I’ve sold my Honor 2 a few weeks ago, but i decided to release one last rom, since this B709 is labelled as “stable”.
Without the phone, this rom is untested by me, but it was reported that it works good.
- Official B709 changelog HERE
- Multi-language, ad-free, busyboxed, rooted with Superuser by CWM
- Chinese bloatware removed
- Latest Nova Launcher as default launcher: fast, nice and highly customizable
- AOSP lockscreen with 3-way unlock (no widget support), browser, calendar, email, clock, messaging
- Nexus 5 boot animation, default wallpaper and ringtones
- A couple of modified icons to invoke the Nexus 5 look
- Base Gapps included, other apps can be downloaded for free on Play Store
- Includes B509 Pmqos (for automatic overclocking)
- Includes latest kernel and baseband
- Removed WiFi country code check on boot
- Please refer to screenshots to see what’s included!
- (V2.1) Fixed FC with HwToolbox
For a clean install, please wipe data / cache in custom recovery BEFORE flashing!
Please do not link directly the rom, link this page instead, thank you.
HwDeskClock_B709 ->Flash this in custom recovery to replace Google Clock with Huawei Clock; it’s needed in order to have working alarm with device turned off and working scheduler.
Gallery2_B703 ->Flash this in chinese recovery if you want back the old camera and gallery app, from international B703 rom.
GenoRecovery installer v3 -> Installer for both chinese and official recovery, in english language and with updated adb and fastboot. All credits to the original developer, Genokolar.
Q: How do i install this rom?
A: Please refer to this page for the installation instructions of any custom rom.
Q: I have the rom Bxxx installed, can i flash this rom directly without wipe?
A: I don’t know, it should work if you come from a rom with the same Android version (4.2.2). I do always wipe, so i can’t be sure, just try and figure out yourself.
Q: I can’t find developer options, how can i enable usb debug?
A: Go into Settings, About Phone, and tap on Build Number many times to enable dev options.
Q: I have no notification toggles, what can i do?
A: In chinese recovery, wipe data/cache then reinstall the rom. If this isn’t working, in chinese recovery, format data/cache partitions, using option 7.9 and 7.10 in chinese recovery (follow this translation), then reinstall the rom.
Q: I noticed an excessive battery drain, what can i do?
A: You can try to flash the original rom (find it here) using the dload method, and then flash this rom again. The original rom installation will perform a battery calibration.
Q: There are many links in settings which don’t work, i.e. messaging-email-calendar ringtone selection, or lock screen shortcut selection.
A: That’s because i wasn’t able to fix the Settings.apk for the replaced apps, apktool won’t recompile it even if i don’t make any change. For the ringtones selection, you can change them inside messaging-email-calendar app, the lockscreen however is the standard android 4.1 lockscreen and can’t be edited, those links are referred to the emui lockscreen app. Any suggestion on how to modify the Settings.apk is welcome!
Q: How can i add more than one Google account?
A: You can add it under “Google Settings” –> “Google +” –> “Add account”